Pakistan tour put on hold by BCB
The Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) has put the proposed Pakistan tour on hold.
Bangladesh will not tour Pakistan in the near future
Nazmul Hassan, the BCB chairman, said that Bangladesh team would visit Pakistan only if the latter could improve their security condition. In a press conference in Dhaka on Monday, the BCB chairman did not pronounce the final verdict on the tour but made it clear that the BD team would not visit Pakistan for the proposed tour in January.
Hassan said that though the BCB had made an unconditional commitment about this tour, the security condition of Pakistan had been deteriorated at recent times. He thought it to be unwise to visit Pakistan this time.
He confirmed informing the PCB three days ago about this decision. He added that BD team would visit there in order to keep the commitment but only after seeing an improved security situation.
Just two months ago, Hassan said that BD team would tour Pakistan as the BCB had committed so in an ICC meeting. However, the public did not favor the decision and the players also wanted full-proof, high-level security from all sides during the series.
The PCB has started taking preparations for the series already. For the title sponsor, advertising rights, and two co-sponsors of the series, the PCB has already invited sponsored bids by placing a tender in â€˜Daily Jangâ€™, one of the top newspapers of Pakistan. The board also shifted the domestic first-class series from Lahore to another stadium for holding the proposed tour.
Hassan was aware that this decision might sour their relation with the PCB. He hinted that the PCB might retort by not sending players to the BPL and Dhaka leagues.
The PCB actually used the BPL as an object of negotiation before the player auction on December 20. Before the BCBâ€™s confirmation, the PCB had not handed their players the NOC for the BPL. However, a number of Pakistani players were bough in the auction.